Jan 31, 2011

#2 - "Cinderella: Ninja Warrior" by Maureen McGowan (ARC)


Title: Cinderella: Ninja Warrior
Author: Maureen McGowan
Series: Twisted Tales, Book 1
Publisher: Baker & Taylor Publishing Group
Imprint: Silver Dolphin Books
Publication date: April 1st, 2011
Genre: YA Fantasy 
Pages: 320
ISBN: 9781607102557   


Summary:
In this fast-paced story full of adventure and romance, Cinderella is more than just a servant girl waiting for her prince--she's a tough, fearless girl who is capable of taking charge of a dangerous situation. Seeking to escape the clutches of her evil stepmother, Cinderella perfects her ninja skills and magic talents in secret, waiting for the day when she can break free and live happily ever after. In a special twist, readers have the opportunity to make key decisions for Cinderella and decide where she goes next--but no matter the choice; the result is a story unlike any fairy tale you've ever read! 
 
My rating: 5 of 5
 
My thoughts on the book:
I loved it! It's really great retelling of Cinderella! Let's start with the title. I have to admit that I used to giggle every time I read the title of this book, but not anymore. I think that it fits the story perfectly & let's just say that Cinderella isn't the ninja I used to imagine when I read the title every time.  
So, what's the story about? 
Cinderella's mother used to be really powerful wizard & her stepmother is powerful wizard, too, but of course she's evil. Now she's keeping Cinderella trapped with spells, so Cinderella secretly trains her ninja & magic skills, so she can free herself. I won't reveal more, 'cause I don't want to spoil the story, but there are lots of twists on the original fairy tale! This is a book that although starts & ends the same, you can choose the direction of the plot & story! After reading the book, I returned to the other choices to read them & I loved them, too. From the 1st "crossroad", I definitely preferred the first choice I made (it had more action & I loved that encounter with Ty more), although the other one was fun, too, as for my other choices, I definitely chose the storyline that developed more close to the original tale, but after reading the other last choise, I loved that one, too & it made me love the book even more! This book is just so sweet, fun, fast-paced, with action, magic, romance & humor. I loved the banter between Cinderella & Ty, their scenes were so enjoyable & romantic & sweet & I really liked Ty. I really cared about the characters & a few times I heard myself whispering "Noo!", so yeah I was definitely enveloped with the story. I highly recommend this book for everyone & every age, especially if you like fairy tales & retellings, 'cause it's amazing retelling of Cinderella & it's definitely on my must-buy list!

Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. I sooo need to read this! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Aleksandra. It's so thrilling to hear that you liked the book. :)

    ReplyDelete