Jan 28, 2011

Book Beginnings On Friday #15




Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Katy @ A Few More Pages...!
 
I haven't done this meme in months & now I decided to share the first sentences of the 2 books I'm reading.

from James Rollins's Sandstorm:


"Harry Masterson would be dead in thirteen minutes."


I like this opening sentence, because it shows that something interesting & mysterious will happen even in the 1st chapter (especially if you've already read other books by James Rollins, so you'll know why to expect mysterious. I love his books).




from Jana Oliver's Forsaken:


"Riley Blackthorne rolled her eyes."


I know that this sentence doesn't show it, but this book starts with really fun chapter! Riley actually rolls her eyes to a demon. :) So far I read only 101 pages & I already laughed out loud & cried with this book. I'm finishing Sandstorm now & than I can't wait to return to this one. I'm loving it!

4 comments:

  1. They both sound very interesting. I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings! I haven't read any James Rollins, but that first line is rather gripping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given the name of the book, I'm wondering if Harry is going to be dead in 13 minutes because of the sandstorm.

    Here's my beginning: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/01/book-beginnings-on-friday_28.html

    ReplyDelete