Jan 31, 2011

#8 - "I Am Number Four" by Pittacus Lore


Title: I Am Number Four
Author: Pittacus Lore
Series: Lorien Legacies, Book 1


Summary:
In the beginning we were nine.
We left when we were very young, almost too young to remember. Almost. And now . . .

Three are gone.

We are here to keep our race alive, which was almost entirely obliterated. We're just trying to survive.

Six are left.

But we are hunted, and the hunters won't stop until they've killed us all.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.

Number Two in England.

And Number Three in Kenya.

I am Number Four.
 
I am next.
 

My rating: 3 of 5

My thoughts on the book:
I wasn't too impressed with this book! The premise was great, but except for the action scenes, it just didn't deliver. But, my main problem was the writing style. It was too easy to notice that two authors wrote this book. All the action parts were really good & I loved them, but most of what was happening in between was just so boring. The pacing wasn't slow, but the writing style made it boring, so I just couldn't connect with the characters & I didn't really care what was happening to them. The only character I liked was Sam. Also, I didn't care about the romance between Sarah & John (Number 4) & I was bored with that, too. I was thinking to give it lower rating, but in the end, the action scenes saved it. I can't really recommend this book. As I said, the action parts were pretty great, but in between, not so much. So, what I'd recommend is to wait for the movie. I just hope that will be good or at least much better than the book!

Challenges:

3 comments:

  1. I'll wait for the movie guess this is one of them that the movie is better, or at least we hope...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer really? I had such high hopes :) Thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your review is helpful - I have been hearing mixed things on the book.... and still am not sure if it is for me.

    ReplyDelete