Jan 31, 2011

A to Z Challenge 2011!

January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011.


How does this reading challenge work? Choose the option that works best for you...


Authors -- Read alphabetically by author. Commit to 26 books.
Titles -- Read alphabetically by title. Commit to 26 books.
Authors & Titles -- Commit to reading 52 books.



How strict is the 26 or 52? I know it isn't always easy to find those difficult letters. The thought of finding the X's (for example) might scare folks away. It shouldn't! I'm a merciful host! (Ask anyone!)


If you want to give the X's a go... For authors, try to find an X in the first name, middle name, or last name. For titles, it doesn't have to be the starting word. Try to find an X somewhere in a title, and it'd count in my book.


Still can't find a book for the letter you need? I'll take your word for it. I've been there. I know. If your library doesn't see the need to order books just because it starts with an X, then I don't blame you for not wanting to special order a book that you may or may not enjoy. You gave it your best, don't feel bad. You can still make this challenge work for you .



For more details about this challenge & to sign up, go HERE!

I'll go with 26 Authors!
My List:
  1. A - Andy Behrens (Beauty and the Bully)
  2. B - Bickle, Laura (Embers)
  3. C - Cecily von Ziegesar (Gossip Girl)
  4. D - Durst, Sarah Beth (Drink, Slay, Love)
  5. E - Enoch, Suzanne (Rules of an Engagement) - my review
  6. F - Frances O'Roark Dowell (Ten Miles Past Normal)
  7. G - Gena Showalter (The Darkest Kiss)
  8. H - Hilari Bell (Trickster's Girl)
  9. I - Isaac Asimov (The Caves of Steel)
  10. J - Jana Oliver (Forsaken)
  11. K - Karen Rose (Silent Scream)
  12. L - Lisa McMann (Cryer's Cross)
  13. M - Maureen McGowan (Cinderella: Ninja Warrior) - my review
  14. N - Nicole Peeler (Tempest Rising)
  15. O - Oliver, Lauren (Liesl & Po)
  16. P - Palahniuk, Chuck (Lullaby)
  17. Q - Quinn, Julia
  18. R - Rollins, James (Sandstorm) - my review
  19. S - Sabrina Jeffries (How to Woo a Reluctant Lady)
  20. T - Testa, Dom (The Comet's Curse)
  21. U - Ursula K. Le Guin
  22. V - Victoria Schwab (The Near Witch)
  23. W - Wizner, Jake (Castration Celebration)
  24. X - Xell, Matt (Tower of Parlen Min) - tbr
  25. Y -
  26. Z -


0 comments:

Post a Comment