Jul 2, 2013

"'Twas the Night After Christmas" by Sabrina Jeffries


Title: 'Twas the Night after Christmas

Author: Sabrina Jeffries

Series: Hellions of Halstead Hall, #6


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on July 1st, 2013.)


Summary:


 
Pierce Waverly, the Earl of Devonmont, has been estranged from his mother for most of his life. When his mother’s new companion, Mrs. Camilla Stuart, writes to tell him that his mother is seriously ill, he goes home. But when he learns that the lovely widow tricked him in order to effect a holiday reconciliation, he refuses to stay - unless she meets his “terms.” Somewhere between trying to seduce the beautiful Camilla and struggling with the cruel memories of his childhood Christmases, Pierce discovers that not only does forgiveness go two ways, but that love can blossom even in the coldest of winters.
 
 

 

My Thoughts on the Book:  


 
Sabrina Jeffries is one of my favorite historical romance authors, and her series Hellions of Halstead Hall is also one of my favorite series. So, I was pleasantly surprised that after wrapping up the Sharpe siblings story in the 5th book (a book I thought will be the last in the series), she wrote another book in the series featuring Pierce Waverly, one of the secondary characters present in books 4 & 5 of the series, and a cousin to Virginia Waverly (now Sharpe). I thought he was a fun character when I met him for the 1st time, so I was looking forward to reading his story.
 
The mystery about why he was enstranged from his mother was well layed out through the story, and I enjoyed learning about it, because I couldn't quite point out the exact reasons why his parents did what they did. It's quite sad, but intriguing story, and we definitely get to know & understand why Pierce is the man he is now, and he's quite developed character. I also found him fun & charming, and really, really likable. 
 
As for Camilla, I loved her as a character. Yeah, she meddles where she shouldn't, but surprisingly, I didn't find that irritating at all. She's witty & fun, also honest & loyal, and really, really likable. Also, I absolutely adored her son Jasper, he was such a sweetie.
 
The chemistry & the interactions between Pierce & Camilla were great & lots of fun. I loved their banter, they made me smile again & again. I also loved that they didn't jump right into it, but they got to know each other. The attraction between them was there from the beginning, but their feelings for each other developed through out the story. In the end, they were sweet & perfect for each other.
 
'Twas the Night After Christmas is a lovely holiday romance, about family, love & forgiveness. It will definitely warm your heart. Also, if you're a fan of the series, you definitely wouldn't want to miss this one, because who wouldn't want more glimpses from the infamous Sharpe family ;) I know I did, and although it was sad saying goodbye to them all, it was still sweet & I wouldn't have missed it for anything!     
 


Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment