Jul 1, 2013

"Foretold" by Jana Oliver


Title: Foretold

Author: Jana Oliver

Series: The Demon Trappers, #4


My rating: 4 of 5


(Book read from June 19th to June 23rd, 2013.)


Summary:


 
In the fourth Demon Trappers novel, Riley faces the final battle for humanity and Beck's heart - and Hell is the least of her problems.
 
Now that Riley’s managed to (just barely) fend off Armageddon, everything’s changed. Well . . . most things. After their passionate kiss before the big battle in the cemetery, Beck is back to treating her like a little girl, as if nothing ever happened. While she’d love to just tell him off and move on, Riley vowed to take care of Beck the way he’s taken care of her since her father’s death - but she’s about to get a whole lot more than she bargained for.
  
When she’s commissioned to go with Beck to his hometown and help him care for his dying mother, they stumble too close to a dark and murderous secret, one that Beck fears will drive Riley away from him forever. As chaos breaks loose, Riley may be Beck's only hope for redemption . . . and survival.
 
Meanwhile, up in Atlanta, it’s quickly becoming clear that Heaven may have won a battle, but the war is far from over. Riley and Beck face a stormy future, as Lucifer's ex-right-hand-man, Sartael, proves himself to be more resilient than anyone thought. He has Atlanta in his grip and is about to begin a brutal war with the prince of Hell. 
 
As the seconds tick down toward a final confrontation, it's up to Riley and the man she loves to finally defeat their old enemy, or lose everything they've fought for.
 



My Thoughts on the Book:

 
 
Foretold is the last book in the Demon Trappers series, and it's a pretty good ending of the series.
 
 What I loved about this book?

I loved that Riley wasn't giving up on Beck, although he kept pushing her away. I also loved the way the romance developed between them, it was definitely sweet & romantic & totally perfect. I definitely enjoyed that they didn't jump right into it :D

If you've read my thoughts on the previous books, you probably know that I found Riley irritating at times. This time, I still found myself rolling my eyes a few times, but in the end, I liked her a lot as a character, and she can be one kick ass heroine when she has to be. I also loved that she did what she had to do, and she's persistent & loyal, and she definitely grew through the series.

As for Beck, sweet, sweet Beck! Finding out about his past definitely broke my heart, it was so sad, but the way all of that was revealed was done quite well. Jana Oliver can totally try her hand at writing mysteries/thrillers, she would be so, so good at it. I also loved that Beck played a lot bigger part in this book overall.
 
What else to say, that will be totally spoiler-free ;) Overall, the storyline was pretty good, the ending was also pretty good, we met lots of interesting new characters, as well as lots of old ones were back. The writing style kept me glued to the pages, and even though I mostly found everything predictable, I didn't mind, because I enjoyed the journey.

So, if you're a fan of the series, don't miss this final book to see how everything will end!
 


Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment