Jul 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Most Intimidating Books!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created & hosted @ The Broke and the Bookish.


 

So, My Top Ten Most Intimidating Books (in no particular order) are:


 
#1 - Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Definitely because of the size. I want to read it, but no idea when I'll finally do that.


#2 - Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon


Because of the size. I know it should be amazing, and I really want to read it, but no idea when I'll finally pick it up & read it.


#3 - The Passage by Justin Cronin

Once again because of the size, but a tiny bit because of all the praise it got, too.


#4 - Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson

I can't seem to stop postponing reading the series. I've never tried his books, and although I've wanted to for years, I guess I'm a little bit intimidated, so I keep postponing.


#5 - The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

Definitely the size, I mean 1000 pages, that's a lot. I loved The Name of the Wind, but no idea when I'll finally decide to pick up this one. 


#6 - A Song of Ice & Fire series by George R. R. Martin

I've wanted to start the series for years, but never got to them. I was a little bit reluctant about starting it, because of the size of the books, but now with the TV show, I will probably never bother going through them.


#7 - Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Because I'm pretty sure I won't like this book! I will probably dislike it quite a lot, but I am determined to read it, although no idea when.


#8 - Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

Another classic. I've watched one of the mini series, and I loved it, but it's not a happy story, and although I want to read it, at the same time I'm reluctant.


#9 - Brisingr + Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Usually, when I don't like series, I give up on, but I'm determined to finish this one, although when I'll finally decide to torture myself with reading books 3 & 4, I have no idea. I'm definitely intimidated by them because of this. Also, their size & the torture that size I know will represent to me intimidates me, too. 


#10 - Pendragon series by D. J. MacHale  

This one made on my list because there are 10 books in the series. I've read the 1st one years ago, and every year since then I'm saying I'll finish the series this year, but I never seem to pick them up. I do tend to be reluctant on catching up on series I'm really behind on, even though I'd love to catch up...
 

What about you?

 Leave me your TTT links!

12 comments:

  1. Oohhh... I got Wuthering Heights & Eragon on my list too. And I def agree with you on A Song of Fire & Ice.

    Here's my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skipped today's task as I had no idea which books to pick :( I'm glad you liked Eragon and Wuthering Heights. Also Tess d'Ubervilles was a really interesting read for me, but I haven't seen the series. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, these are all books I haven't read.

      Eragon was ok, but nothing special, but Eldest was torture, as for Wuthering Heights, I think I won't like it, but I still want to give it a try, but I do want to read Tess, I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. You will love Wuthering Heights....

    Books can only intimidate us if we let those!! I simply cannot stand certain genres.

    Come, check my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I saw! I actually love almost all genres :D

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I really should have put Gone with the Wind on my list too. I want to read that one, but it's like 1000 pages long. I'm scared.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's the reason why I still haven't read it, although I want to :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I just finished Brandon Sanderson's The Rithmatist. I'd really like to go back and read his adult fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I hope you loved it :) I want to read it, too :)

      Delete
  6. I also got an issue with big fat books!
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete