Jul 15, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #116

 
It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is being hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. 


This is a great weekly event where everyone can keep track of the books finished last week & the books planning to read this week! 
 


What did I read last week?


 
Ok, so last week I finished The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima & I also read The Crimson Crown also by Cinda Williams Chima, The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson, Underdogs - the omnibus of Markus Zusak's Wolfe Brothers trilogy, containing The Underdog, Fighting Ruben Wolfe & Getting the Girl, and I also read Fire by Kristin Cashore. I did start Bitterblue, too, but I didn't got around to finish it yet, and it's just not as good, so I decided to put it aside for now, but I'm definitely going to return to it later.
 

What I'll be reading this week?

 
 
This week I'm re-reading one of my fav debuts last year Alif the Unseen. I actually read this almost a year ago from a galley of the first edition, and now I'm reading it from my own paperback edition with the cover above. Isn't it lovely? I love it because it's perfect for the book :) I just started it, but I've been looking forward to reading this book again for quite some time now. After I finish it, I have no idea what I'll read next. Probably one of my galleys, since it's time to read some of them now. I did get approved for The Enchanter Heir by Cinda Williams Chima a few days ago, so although it's early for it, I might just jump right into it & read it now & just review it later or schedule the review for much later closer to the release date. I'll see, in the end as always it depends on my reading mood & my free time for reading!
 

So, what are you reading this week? 

Leave me your links!

12 comments:

  1. You've been a busy reader! Enjoy.

    Here's my It's Monday. I'd love to have you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! Haven't heard of these before. Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been saying for quite a while that I need to read Cindy Williams Chima. I have the whole Warrior Heir series on my TBR mountain and just haven't been able to fit it in. I did enjoy Fire when I read it. Come see what I read last week at Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must try her books, and it's the perfect timing since her 4th Heir book will be published in October :)

      Delete
  4. Interesting looking cover, new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your books this week. I finished What the Spell? by Brittany Geragotelis (4/5 stars) last week. This week I'm reading Solaris by Stanislaw Lem, Fields of Elysium by A.B. Whelan, and OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I hope you're enjoying them :)

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  6. I'm reading "Sunshine" by Nikki Rae, who is a local author that will be visiting the college I graduated from last year. I just finished "How To Read Literature Like A Professor" by Thomas C. Foster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're enjoying Sunshine :)

      Thanks for stopping by & happy reading!

      Delete
  7. I've heard great things about Alif the Unseen! The fact that you are re-reading it really reinforces that. :) I will have to bump it up the tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty great, I hope I'll enjoy it as much this 2nd time, too :)

      Delete
  8. A few of these books are new to me. The covers on them all look nice too. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete