Jul 4, 2013

Summer Lovin’ Readathon: Day 4: Tears on My Pillow!


Today's participation post is Tears on My Pillow, where we should share a quote from our current read or share a book that really pulled on our heart strings.
 
This time I decided to do both.
 
At the moment I'm reading:
 
 
...so here's a quote from it:
 
 
"Raisa stared out into the mist, blinking away icy raindrops and tears of frustration. The fog swirled and coalesced, and a giant gray-white she-wolf sat facing her, its tongue lolling over razor-sharp teeth. Its green eyes gleamed in the firelight, and a rime of glittering ice silvered its fur."
  

 
As for books that really pulled at my heart strings, there were definitely more then one, but I decided for 2 books that made me cry a lot. The first one is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I bawled my eyes out while reading this one. It's the only book that I had to stop reading it because I had to try & calm myself, to stop crying so I can continue reading it. That was a first for me & so unexpected. The other book is Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows. Ok, so most of the HP books have made me teary-eyed, but this one the most. Every time when I read the chapter The Forest Again, I cry. It's just so sad & emotional & heartbreaking, and I absolutely love it :D
 

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to read The Book Thief but sounds like I really should!
    Here's mine: http://www.bookbunnys.com/2013/07/02/summer-lovin-read-a-thon-participation-posts/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried so much while reading The Book Thief!

    Here’s my Tears on My Pillow/Book Spine poetry post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read The Book Thief, I bought it a few weeks ago and am working up the courage to read it! HPATDH's made me cry way too much for a book! But I loved all those characters so much and so many died, it nearly killed me!
    BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

    ReplyDelete