Jul 11, 2013

"The Last Little Blue Envelope" by Maureen Johnson

 
Title: The Last Little Blue Envelope
 
Author: Maureen Johnson
 
Series: Little Blue Envelope, #2
 
 
My rating: 5 of 5
 
 
(Book read on July 11th, 2013.)
 
 

Summary:

 
 
Ginny Blackstone thought that the biggest adventure of her life was behind her. She spent last summer traveling around Europe, following the tasks her aunt Peg laid out in a series of letters before she died. When someone stole Ginny's backpack - and the last little blue envelope inside - she resigned herself to never knowing how it was supposed to end.

Months later, a mysterious boy contacts Ginny from London, saying he's found her bag. Finally, Ginny can finish what she started. But instead of ending her journey, the last letter starts a new adventure - one filled with old friends, new loves, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Ginny finds she must hold on to her wits . . . and her heart. This time, there are no instructions.
 
 
 
 

My Thoughts on the Book:  



Ok, so I read 13 Little Blue Envelopes over 2 years ago, but I loved it. It's one of those books that stayed with me, and I remembered most of it, because I loved the adventures Ginny had through Europe.
 
So, a few months later, after Ginny lost her last envelope, she receives email from a guy named Oliver that he has her letters, including the last one, so Ginny flies back to England to get it.
 
And here's where the adventures begin (once again). This time it was more of a road trip, since we follow Ginny, Oliver, Keith & Ellis travelling through some countries in Europe, following the directions of the last envelope.
 
I have to admit that I wasn't a big fan of Keith & their romance in the 1st book. It was nice enough, and overall I liked him, but I wasn't a big fan. But, I don't think he made me laugh so much in the previous book as he did in this one. He was hilarious most of the time, at least he was until he started to be a little bit of an a-hole with his jokes toward Oliver. I could understand at first why he did what he did, but he went too far in the end, especially since Oliver didn't deserve it. 
 
Ellis is a new character we meet in this book, and she was really likable & fun.
 
And then there's Oliver. I totally warmed up to him quite quickly. I guessed why he did what he did, and quite liked him as a character, he was fun, too, when he wanted to be, and he was sweet, too :)
 
I totally was hoping for something between him & Ginny, since the chemistry was totally there :) Sure, it was apparent that there's still chemistry between Keith & Ginny, too, but don't worry, there wasn't a love triangle :)
 
Also, I totally loved seeing Richard once again. He's such a sweetie, and amazing guy, and my heart was still breaking for him & what he lost.
 
I thought that this book was the perfect ending to Ginny & aunt Peg's envelope adventure, and I totally loved it. It was fun, entertaining, funny (mostly hilarious), also sad, and it had some pretty awesome points, interesting & likable characters, and it was the perfect book for the winter holidays, since it's set during Christmas & New Year's.
 
I highly recommend this book to every fan of YA contemporary that has travel in some way, and if you enjoyed 13 Little Blue Envelopes, you're gonna love this one, so you must read it! I know I'd enjoy reading Ginny's adventures again :)
 
 
 

Challenges:


1 comment:

  1. I gotta finish the series and read this one as well. Great review.

    ReplyDelete