Jul 22, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #117

 
It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is being hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. 


This is a great weekly event where everyone can keep track of the books finished last week & the books planning to read this week! 
 


What did I read last week?

 

Ok, so despite having read 4 novels & 1 novella last week, I wouldn't say it was a great reading week for me. Why? Although these were all fast reads, I didn't really like When in Paris, as well as its follow-up novella Those Nights in Montreal, and The Accidental Demon Slayer, too, I rated them all with 2 of 5 rating. But, I did like a lot Spies & Prejudice, overall it was fun & interesting take on Pride & Prejudice (I rated it 3.5 of 5), but the only book that really stayed with me after I read it & I rated it with my top rating was A Monster Calls - really sad book, but with such a great & realistic message, so I recommend it to everyone!

 

What I'll be reading this week?

 
 
My only plan for this week is The 5th Wave, although of course I will probably read more than this one book.
 
 
 

So, what are you reading this week? 

Leave me your links!

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I still need to read The 5th Wave too!

    My Monday Post won't be up til morning for me! Stop by then...like in 12 hours!


    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spies and Prejudice sounds like an interesting twist.

    Here's my what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some weeks are like that. I have seen the Patrick Ness series around but haven't added it to my stack yet. Your opinion is tempting me to do so. Come see what I did last week here. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this was my 1st taste of Patrick Ness' awesomeness. I still need to try his Chaos Walking trilogy, too :)

      Delete
  4. Your Beverley Kendall books attracted me because they're about places I would like to go. Sorry they didn't pan out for you. I kind of thought Monster might be heavy reading. Hope it stays good until the end. Four books is great for one week. Yippee for you.:)

    ReplyDelete