Jul 29, 2013

Beat the Heat Readathon: Start + Goals + Reading List + Updates!

Beat the Heat Readathon is a two-week-long read-a-thon hosted by Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads & Reanna @ Phantasmic Reads!

The read-a-thon starts on July 29th & ends on August 11th.

For more detailed info & to sign up for this read-a-thon, visit the posts HERE or HERE!


My Goals:


- To finish at least 5 previously started books. >>> 5/5 + 1

- To read at least 5 books. - 5/5 + 1

- To participate in 3 mini challenges. 3/3 + 1


My Reading List:


- to finish:

- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett (re-read) - finished on July 29th
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - finished on July 31st
- Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson (re-read) - finished on August 1st
- Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn
- The Collector by Victoria Scott - finished on August 13
- Splintered by A. G. Howard - finished on August 11th
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- Spanking Shakespeare by Jake Wizner - finished on August 11th


- to be read:

- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (re-read)
- Allison Hewitt is Trapped by Madeleine Roux - read from August 2nd-6th
- The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova
- The Savage Blue by Zoraida Cordova
- The Enchanter Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
- Just This Once by Trish Jensen
- Her Favorite Rival by Sarah Mayberry - read from August 7th-8th
- More Than This by Patrick Ness
- Arrow of the Mist by Christina Mercer
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani - read from August 13th-18th
- Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore - read from August 2nd-4th
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter - read from August 2nd-5th
- Her Favorite Temptation by Sarah Mayberry - read from August 6th-7th
- Geek Girl by Cindy C. Bennett (re-read) - started on August 8th 

I'll update this post with my reading progress as I read. Of course I won't read all of these, but I am a moody reader, so I have to have choices. Let's just hope I won't stray from my reading list ;)

 

Update #1:

 
In the first 4 days of the read-a-thon, I finished 3 previously started books: Good Omens, The 5th Wave & Alif the Unseen. I also particpated in the Name That Cover mini challenge. Now I decided to start some new books, although it seems I'll probably stray from my reading list ;)


Update #2:

  
Since my last update, I read 5 books, but I totally strayed from my reading list ;) I read Bloodsucking Fiends, Alice in Zombieland, Allison Hewitt is Trapped, Her Favorite Temptation (this one is actually prequel novella, but since it's almost 170 pages, I'm counting it as one book, although shorter one) & Her Favorite Rival. Unbelievable, but it seems I'll manage to complete by goals ;) I also participated in the other 2 mini challenges.

Update #3:


Ok, so this should've been wrap up, but it isn't. I haven't been around the blogosphere these days, so I missed that Jessi & Reanna decided to extend the read-a-thon for another week, so I was still working to finish my goals in time, and I'm actually glad to say that I did complete them, so YAY for me ;) So, since my last update, I finished 2 more previously started books: Splintered & Spanking Shakespeare.
  

Wrap Up:

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You've got some major goals there! Good Omens was a fun read. I read it a couple years ago. It's different, for sure!

    I'm glad you're joining us. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I read Good Omens in 2010, and once again I'm loving it, it's hilarious :D

      And thanks, Reanna :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, I don't know how you can have so many books going at once! O_O If I read more than 2 I get them mixed up. 5th Wave and Splintered were awesome, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they just seemed to pile up, I have actually a few more started than these :) I'm good at remembering where I stopped & what happened ;) and usually I can read up to 4 books at the same time, but they're usually different genres, and all of these are mostly books I've started & put it aside for a while, although I did start 3 of these only last week, and this read-a-thon is perfect excuse to return to them & finish them ;)

      Delete
  3. I need to be part of a challenge like this! I have so many books waiting to be read, but new ones keep coming along. Sometimes I read a couple at the same time too, but I prefer not to. Looks like I'm going to have to resort to that method again...at least for a while...lol...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you have to give Splintered a try, I really loved it when I read it. Morpheus will be a book boyfriend of mine for a while to come.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read half of Splintered when I started it & I liked it, although I can't say that I quite liked Morpheus, although he is an interesting character, hopefully I'll return to it soon :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love lists...keeps me organized. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have very ambitious goals :D Good luck! I really should read The 5th Wave too.. I hope you review it :)
    Here's my progress post: http://www.bookbunnys.com/2013/07/29/beat-the-heat-read-a-thon-progress-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I will probably review The 5th Wave soon, probably tomorrow :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete