Jul 1, 2013

Summer Lovin’ Readathon: Day 1: Class Orientation!


It's time for the Summer Lovin' Read-a-Thon!

You can sign up until July 6th, so join the fun HERE!

On Twitter we'll use #SummerLovin13.

Today's participation post is Class Orientation, where we should introduce ourselves and set our goals for the read-a-thon. Basically, getting to know each other post. 
 
  
My name is Aleksandra, I'm 26 & I'm from Skopje, Macedonia (that's in Europe).

I've always been reading, ever since I can remember, so of course that continued when I grew up.

As for what got me blogging, it was totally unplanned & kinda accidental :) I was reading a lot, and I started searching for what to read next online, so of course I started visiting some book blogs, and then near the end of 2009 when all those sign up posts about reading challenges in 2010 started to come up, of course I wanted to participate, so I decided to start a blog, although all I planned to do was participating in reading challenges, not reviewing books. But, then, I read this amazing book in January, 2010, and I wanted to share how much I loved it & how great it was, so I wrote my first mini review, then I started participating in memes & read-a-thons, and I wrote more mini reviews now & then, and everything went from there. Now, my reviews aren't mini of course, and I definitely grew as a blogger, but I still do this only for fun & to share my love for the books I love, and you gotta love the bookish blogosphere :D

I read all genres when it comes to fiction (I rarely read non-fiction), and for all ages. I can enjoy children's books, MG, YA & adult, as long as I'm captured by the story, I don't mind who was the intended audience, and I can totally fall in love with the book. But, my favorite genre will always be fantasy, that was my first love ever since I was a little girl, and always will be.
  

Goals:


- to finish 2  previously started books
- to start & finish 3 books
- to do at least 1 daily participation post
- to participate in at least 1 mini challenge
- to join the 24 hour Twitter Party Greased Lightnin' on Saturday (#SL24)


What I'll be reading?



To finish:

- Outside In by Maria V. Snyder
- Eve of Destruction by Patrick Carman
- Spanking Shakespeare by Jake Wizner
- Splintered by A. G. Howard


To read:

- 'Twas the Night After Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries
- Charmfall by Chloe Neill
- The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson
- The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima
- The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima
- Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles


I'm a really moody reader, so I have to have lots of choices, let's just hope I won't stray from my reading list ;)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely choices! I found your blog through the challenge and am a new follower :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck reaching your goals.

    New follower via Linky.

    ReplyDelete