Aug 5, 2010

Thursday 13 - #6



Thursday 13 is a weekly meme where you choose a theme, then list 13 things that fit that theme. To participate, go HERE
I decided to list 13 books that I've read in July that I loved (not counting re-reads)
Once again it wasn't easy to choose only 13, 'cause I've read great books this month, but here they are:

1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Book 2 of the Hunger Games trilogy)

2. The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima (Book 1 of the Heir Chronicles)

3. The Wizard Heir by Cinda Williams Chima (Book 2 of the Heir Chronicles)

4. The Dragon Heir by Cinda Williams Chima (Book 3 of the Heir Chronicles)

5. The Light by D. J. MacHale (Book 1 of the Morpheus Road trilogy)

6. Unwind by Neal Shusterman

7. Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner

8. Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Book 1 of the Seven Kingdoms series)

9. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld (Book 1 of the Leviathan series)

10. Witch in the House by Jenna McKnight

11. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Book 1 of the Hunger Games trilogy)

12. Changeless by Gail Carriger (Book 2 of the Parasol Protectorate series)

13. Tempting the Marquess by Sara Lindsey (Book 2 of the Weston Family series)

16 comments:

  1. You must be an incredibly fast reader! I have read the Hunger Games series. I already have #3 on hold at the library and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. My son has read the Heir Chronicles and said they were really good. I will have to check out some of the other unfamiliar titles. Thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lots of good books and more to add to my reading list. Thanks and happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6&7 look good to me!

    the snarkster
    www.snidecommentary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reading list! I cannot read one book in a month. Okay, maybe one good one. Thanks for sharing.

    The Food Temptress

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really interested in the Hunger Games series. People say it is great. I've never seen the Bones of Faeries before, it has a gorgeous cover. Was it good?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done a lot of tempting reading this month. I haven't read any of these. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these. Which one would you recommend for a book club? That is about as much reading as I get done each month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Gail Carriger's book. Her series is wonderful. I'm going to check out a few of the others on your list. Tempting the Marquess definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fast reader, aren't you? I like the sounds of many of these titles; I like to read fantasy. Thanks for letting us know about them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of these. Whew more books to add in my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to you for reading so much! I feel like I can hardly find the time, but if I truly wanted to, I bet I could.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a fast reader! Thanks for the list - great to have personal recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristen,
    yeah I'm a fast reader! I can't wait for Mockingjay, too :) I really loved the Heir Chronicles :)

    therubycanary,
    yeah The Hunger Games books are good, although I loved the 2nd more than the first! Bones of Faerie was really sweet ya fantasy :) for my review just click on the title ;)

    Staci,
    depends of the books you usually read. Most of these are ya fantasy & part of series, but I guess I'd recommend The Hunger Games, Soulless (Changeless is the sequel of Soulless & I loved Soulless even more - not ya) Witch in the House or Unwind, but I loved all of them :)

    CountryDew,
    yeah, I am :) I love fantasy, too :)

    Jennie,
    Thanks! Half of those books I've been planning to read for a long time, but I kept postponing reading them until now ;) So, yeah, you could find time if you really want to :)

    Pamela,
    you're welcome ;)

    Thanks everyone for visiting ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that looks like a fun list. I haven't tried any of them, but I'm bookmarking this post so I have some new reads for my list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list. I've added a few to my to-read list. Have you seen the next book of the Hunger Games series?

    ReplyDelete
  16. jillconyers,
    I can't wait to get my hands on Mockingjay :)

    ReplyDelete