Aug 7, 2010

#146 - "Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow" by Jessica Day George


Summary:
Blessed-or cursed-with an ability to understand animals, the Lass has always felt estranged from her family, who struggle to make a living in the windswept north. So when an isbjorn (polar bear) seeks her out and promises that her family will be provided for if she accompanies him to his castle, she doesn’t hesitate. But the great white bear is not what he seems, nor is his castle. Slowly the Lass unravels the mystery of the bear’s enchantment and the spell connecting him with the strange symbols carved in the castle’s icy walls. But on a journey to a place where the four winds fear to travel, the true horror of the bear’s spell is revealed, and the Lass’s courage-and love-will be tested.
Based on the Nordic legend East of the Sun, West of the Moon, this richly reimagined tale is perfect for fans of Shannon Hale and Donna Jo Napoli.

My rating: 4/5

My thoughts on the book:
I enjoyed this book a lot! It's really good retelling of East of the Sun, West of the Moon! The story was interesting & I recommend it!

Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. I read this a while ago-- it was my first Jessica Day George book! I quite liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete