Aug 3, 2010

#142 - "Beastly" by Alex Flinn


Summary:

I am a beast.

A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright-a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.

You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever-ruined-unless I can break the spell.

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly . . . beastly

My rating: 5/5

My thoughts on the book:
I think that this is the perfect retelling of Beauty & the Beast! I loved the story & I loved the characters & I just couldn't put it down! I highly recommend it!

Challenges:

4 comments:

  1. This is the book that started my fairy tale retelling obsession. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summary and your rating has definitely got me interested. I'll be watching out for this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read this one forever.... really need to get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been meaning to read this one for quite a while! I better do it before the movie comes out!

    ReplyDelete