Jul 22, 2010

#124 - "Bones of Faerie" by Janni Lee Simner


Summary:
The war between humanity and Faerie devastated both sides. Or so 15-year-old Liza has been told. Nothing has been seen or heard from Faerie since, and Liza's world bears the scars of its encounter with magic. Trees move with sinister intention, and the town Liza calls home is surrounded by a forest that threatens to harm all those who wander into it. Then Liza discovers she has the Faerie ability to see - into the past, into the future - and she has no choice but to flee her town. Liza's quest will take her into Faerie and back again, and what she finds along the way may be the key to healing both worlds.

Janni Lee Simner's first novel for young adults is a dark fairy-tale twist on apocalyptic fiction - as familiar as a nightmare, yet altogether unique.

My rating: 5/5

My thoughts on the book:
I loved Bones of Faerie. I was gripped from the beginning & just couldn't put it down! I loved the story & the characters! I highly recommend it to everyone! Also, I should mention that if you loved Beautiful Creatures, you'll absolutely love this one! One of my favorite reads this year :)

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment