Jul 22, 2010

#127 - "Unwind" by Neal Shusterman


Summary:
In a society where unwanted teens are salvaged for their body parts, three runaways fight the system that would "unwind" them

Connor's parents want to be rid of him because he's a troublemaker. 
Risa has no parents and is being unwound to cut orphanage costs.
Lev's unwinding has been planned since his birth, as part of his family's strict religion. 
Brought together by chance, and kept together by desperation, these three unlikely companions make a harrowing cross-country journey, knowing their lives hang in the balance. If they can survive until their eighteenth birthday, they can't be harmed - but when every piece of them, from their hands to their hearts, are wanted by a world gone mad, eighteen seems far, far away.

My rating: 5/5

My thoughts on the book:
I loved it! This book is just great - fun, suspenseful & heartbreaking at the same time! I was gripped from the beginning & couldn't put it down! The pacing was good, I liked the characters & the story, too! I rarely cry when I read a book & only in one book has happened to me to cry through a full chapter (that'll be Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows, The Forest Again chapter - I cry every time & it's my favorite chapter in the series), but in Unwind there was a chapter when I cried a lot while reading it & it included a character that I didn't like & still I was crying for that character... I also found out there'll be movie , which is great :) I highly recommend it & definitely one of my favorite reads this year!!!

Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like a very intense read. Added this one to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete