Jul 29, 2010

#138 - "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins


Summary:
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.
 
My rating: 5/5
 
My thoughts on the book:
The first thing I'm going to say is WOW! The Hunger Games was good, but Catching Fire is awesome! I loved it & it's now one of my favorite reads this year! Actually, I'd place it in my top 3! I highly recommend it & if you still haven't read it, what are you waiting for? I can't wait for Mockingjay!
 
Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so glad you liked this one! A lot of people say that Hunger Games was much better than this one but I find them to both be excellent reads.

    ReplyDelete