Apr 24, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday #114: Bronze Gods by A.A. Aguirre!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
 
 
 
Bronze Gods
(Apparatus Infernum, #1)
by
A.A. Aguirre

Publication date:
April 30th, 2013
 
 


Hy Breasil is grimmer than it used to be.

Before the Architect closed the door, there were regular crossings, and a great war decimated both humans and Ferishers. The native fae who refused to treat with the invaders faded; their bodies withered and died, stranding them as hungry, angry spirits that haunt the countryside.

That means there’s always trouble brewing in Dorstaad.

Janus Mikani and Celeste Ritsuko work for the Criminal Investigation Department, keeping citizens safe from things that go bump in the night. He’s a hardboiled cynic with an uncanny sixth sense; she’s determined to justify her promotion as the first female detective in her division. Together, they’re trying to keep a black tide from drowning the city.

But when the second body surfaces, murdered with the same type of infernal device, the entire CID must face the truth. There’s a madman on the loose, twining magic and blood… and only Mikani and Ritsuko can unravel the intricate, lethal conspiracy before the Royale killer completes his macabre plan, unleashing old, forbidden magic on an unsuspecting populace. If the maniac succeeds, it could mean the end of everything…





What are you waiting for this week?
 
Leave me your WoW links!

11 comments:

  1. Interesting! I haven't heard of this one yet.

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting premise, if a bit familiar - I may have to check this one out.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this series before and I really like the sound of it. I hope you'll get it soon. Great pick!

    Our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds super interesting - a blend of crime novel, steampunk, and maybe some dystopian? Count me in! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost made this my wow also, but then I remembered that there is new Sanderson book coming out. So yes, I'm super excited and can't wait for Bronze Gods. :)
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete