Apr 7, 2013

Top 5 Sundays: Favorite Book Cover Artists!

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly feature with a different bookish theme hosted by Larissa at her blog Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life


This week's theme is Favorite Book Cover Artists. 

You can join HERE!


So, My Top 5 Favorite Book Cover Artists (in no particular order) are:


#1 - Larry Rostant

Ok, so Larry Rostant is probably one of the most popular cover artists, at least that's what I can guess from what I've seen. Some of my fav book series covers (which I listed in a previous top 5 theme) are Cinda Williams Chima's Seven Realms & Peter V. Brett's Demon Cycle, so I knew I'll put those artists on my list, and I found out that they were actually both by Larry Rostant. So, yeah, I was interested to see what else he has done & I checked & wow, I was definitely surprised by everything he has done, because I totally love most of those covers & I was quite surprised how many of the books on my bookshelf are by him, but, they're all amazing, so I shouldn't have been surprised :) Here are some of my favs, but only a few:


Ok, I'll stop here, because I can totally go on & on, because all of his covers are amazing, but I decided to limit myself to only 6 ;)


#2 - Nekro

Nekro is definitely one of my favs as well, there's just something about his choise of colours that I totally love, and his art & details are amazing.

 
I think the 1st of his covers I saw was The Space Between, and I loved it, next was Anna Dressed in Blood & soon after that when I came across the House of Comarre covers for books 1-3, I was in love, and of course I had to know who the artist was, and I was pleasantly surprised to learn it's the same artist, so yeah, Nekro is one of my favs since then :)


#3 - Daniel Dos Santos

You know why Daniel Dos Santos is on my list, because of these:


 ...and these are only some of the gorgeous covers by Daniel Dos Santos.
 

#4 - Dave McKean

Ok, so if you've visited my blog more then a few times, you probably have noticed how much I love Neil Gaiman & everything by him. Well, the same goes for Dave McKean - he's one amazing illustrator & artist, and I absolutely adore his art, no matter if it's a book cover, illustrations inside a book, a graphic novel or a movie. Some of my fav book covers by Dave McKean are:



#5 - Tony Sahara

And the last, but not the least - Tony Sahara. These covers are just absolutely gorgeous, and some of my fav covers, and they're even more beautiful IRL:

5 comments:

  1. Awesome choices!
    We have two in common. :)

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2013/04/here-is-this-really-cool-event-ive-been.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Nekro's name until now, I alaways loved those covers!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these! Cover artist get so little recognition, I myself never stop to wonder who did that cover. I never noticed resemblance in style before you grouped them, but now they are obvious. I love those covers. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic picks!! :)
    I LOVE the cover of Eon! As well as all the Neil Gaiman covers.


    ReplyDelete