Apr 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most - part 2!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists.
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


Ok, so this week is a rewind theme, so I thought about doing one of the themes I missed out on, but in the end I decided for part 2 of the Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most - part 2 theme.

So, My 2nd Top Ten Books/Series I Recommend the Most (in no particular order) are:


 #1 - The Morpheus Road trilogy by D. J. MacHale
 

I'm a big fan of D. J. MacHale's books, and I absolutely love the Morpheus Road trilogy! I know I will never get enough of re-reading these books, because I love the story & the characters!


#2 - The Skinjacker trilogy by Neal Shusterman



The Skinjacker trilogy is another one of my favs I recommend a lot, because I know that lots of people haven't read it, and they don't know what they're missing! The world of Everlost & the story itself is so unique & imaginative, and I loved every book in it, and I was sad when it was over.


#3 - Eon & Eona by Alison Goodman


I only read this duology in 2012, but I am still totally in love with it! I absolutely loved it, and I'm already looking forward to re-reading it! If you're a fan of YA epic fantasy, you have to read it!


#4 - Graveyard Queen series by Amanda Stevens


The Graveyard Queen series is one of my favs also! These books were so creepy, they really freaked me out - The Kingdom the most, & The Restorer, too! I loved the characters, and the eerie stories, and I'm eager for the next instalment! 


#5 - Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey

Leviathan Wakes is a space opera full of awesomeness! I absolutely loved it - it had mystery, adventure, war, virus, zombies & dash of romance - what more can I ask for? So, it was a perfect read for me! Definitely one of the best books I've read! Leviathan Wakes is the 1st book in the Expanse series, I never got around to reading the sequel, but I'm hoping to get to it this summer, when the 3rd book will be out!


#6 - The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers

The Vanishing Game was one of my fav reads in 2012, and it was one amazing YA contemporary mystery, that totally surprised me, and this was only the author's debut. Can't wait to read her next book!


#7 - Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Ender's Game - it's been a few years since I've read it, but it was amazing read, one of those books that stays with you long after you've finished them. There's a very good reason why it's a sci-fi classic, so if you haven't read it, I recommend it! I still haven't continued the series, but I'm hoping to do that after I re-read Ender's Game. As for the upcoming movie, I don't know how that one will turn out to be, but the cast is pretty awesome, I just hope they managed to do a good job at adapting the book, which I think wasn't easy to do.


#8 - Benny Imura series by Jonathan Maberry

Rot & RuinDust & DecayFlesh & BoneFire & Ash
 
So, I've read only Rot & Ruin & Dust & Decay so far, but absolutely loved them, especially Rot & Ruin! The last book Fire & Ash will be published this fall, so I'm looking forward to re-reading the first 2 books before finishing up the series, and I can't wait!


#9 - Demon Cycle series by Peter V. Brett


The Demon Cycle is an epic fantasy series that has a special place in my heart, and one of my favs. I've been eagerly waiting for each sequel, and there are 2 more to go, but I don't mind waiting as long as the waiting is worth it, and so far it has! I love the world Peter V. Brett has created, he's a master at cliffhangers. I'm usually not a fan of cliffhangers, but his are so awesome, I don't mind them. I mean, The Daylight War's ending cliffhanger was just so epic!!!


#10 - Ember and Ash by Pamela Freeman       

 
Ember and Ash is a stand alone epic fantasy, that I absolutely loved! Definitely one of my favs, and a book I've been recommending since I read it a few years ago!



I can definitely go on, lots of books I've been recommending again & again, but I'll stop, and maybe some time I'll do a part 3 ;)

What's your TTT theme this week? 

Leave me your links!

14 comments:

  1. Great list! I have The Vanishing Game and Ender´s Game on my kindle.

    thanks for visiting My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Out of your whole list I've only heard of Ender's Game, which I haven't even read yet! (but I will!!) I'd love to try some of these-great list! And new follower:)
    Esty
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to read Eon! I've had it on my shelf for so long but I've had to keep pushing it back down my TBR pile. I'm hoping to get to it this year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will, and that you will love it, but be sure to get yourself a copy of Eona to wait for you on your shelf, you'll want to read it right away :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Damn I have Eon on my list as well as Neal Shusterman. You recommended him to me. I must read it soon. I haven't read the others but they sound interesting. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :) I do recommend him again & again :) He's an amazing author!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I have most of these books on my tbr. And you recommended Eon to me recently. I still stand by my promise: it's going down this summer. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been recommending Eon & Eona a lot since I read it :)

      I hope you'll enjoy the books you'll read from these when you get to them.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I've only read Ender's Game from your list, and I loved it! Many of your picks sound really interesting, I will definitely look into more info at GoodReads and decide which ones I'd like to try out.

    I did Top 10 book to movie adaptations this week:
    http://maijareads.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/favourite-book-to-movie-adaptations/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and Rot & Ruin, silly me for forgetting! I really liked that one, too.

      Delete
    2. Awesome, thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  7. The Vanishing Game! Loved that book. And I also enjoyed Rot&Ruin. :)
    I thought I would love Eon/Eona, but those books disappointed me...*sad face* But I'm glad you enjoyed them!
    I'll check out your other rec's.

    ReplyDelete