Apr 21, 2013

Top 5 Sundays: Newly Discovered Book Series!

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly feature with a different bookish theme hosted by Larissa at her blog Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life


This week's theme is Newly Discovered Book Series. 

You can join HERE!


Ok, so I didn't really had a lot of series to choose from, because so far this year I've been reading sequels of previously started series, as well as stand alone books, but I did manage to come up with 5 new fav series, although I feel like I'm cheating a little ;) 

So, My Top 5 Newly Discovered Book Series (in no particular order) are:


#1 - The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer


I know you've heard about these. Who hasn't? After all, Cinder was one of the fav debuts in 2012, and although I love both sci-fi & fairy tale re-tellings, I didn't read it, at least until this January, when I picked it up & got hooked, and after reading Scarlet, too, my love for the series was confirmed, and now I can't wait for the next book. The prequel short stories were great, too, especially the Scarlet prequel, really adds to its story.


#2 - Joe Ledger by Jonathan Maberry


I've wanted to try the Joe Ledger series for a few years now, but I never got around to getting them, but I got & read the 1st book Patient Zero a while ago, and I'm already hooked. Can't wait to see what will happen with Joe Ledger next, I have 4 more books to catch up on. 


#3 - Finishing School by Gail Carriger


As a big fan of the Parasol Protectorate series, I was looking forward to the prequel series. I read Etiquette & Espionage a while ago, and overall loved it. It was lots of fun (although not as funny) & cute, and seeing some of the characters I knew from the Parasol Protectorate series in their earlier days was great. And although having already read that series, I knew what Etiquette & Espionage was about, that didn't diminish my enjoyment, and although I'm pretty sure from the description what the sequel Curtsies & Conspiracies will be about, I still can't wait to read it!


#4 - The Fury by Alexander Gordon Smith


Ok, so The Fury will actually be a duology, not series. But, the 1st book The Fury was amazing, yet terrifying, so I had to put it on this list, and I can't wait for the sequel The Storm to be published, although it seems it will take a while, no description, cover or release date so far...


#5 - Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas


Ok, so technically I read Throne of Glass near the end of 2012, but I read the 4 prequel novellas this year, and they were amazing & made me love Celaena even more. They also made me want to re-read Throne of Glass, but I decided to postpone doing that for later this year when the 2nd book Crown of Midnight will be published & I really can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. oooooh these look so great!

    I have Cinder and the new Gail Carriger series too! YAY!

    ReplyDelete