Apr 17, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday #113: Unnatural Creatures: Stories Selected by Neil Gaiman!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
 
 
 
Unnatural Creatures: Stories Selected by Neil Gaiman
by
Neil Gaiman

Publication date:
April 23rd, 2013
 
 


A griffin, a werewolf, a sunbird . . .

These are just some of the fantastical creatures you'll encounter within these pages. From the cockatoucan, whose laugh rearranges an entire kingdom, to the roving shapeless Beast that lurks in a forest, herein is a collection of rare and magnificent species. Each one will thrill, delight, and quite possibly unnerve you.

Selected by master storyteller Neil Gaiman, the sixteen stories in this menagerie will introduce you to a host of strange, wondrous beings that have never existed anyplace but in the richness of the imagination.

With stories from Neil Gaiman, Diana Wynne Jones, E. Nesbit, and many more, Unnatural Creatures will benefit the literacy nonprofit 826DC
.





What are you waiting for this week?
 
Leave me your WoW links!

21 comments:

  1. I love the cover of your WOW pick. Sounds like a wonderful fantasy story too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella's W.O.W
    I'm sorry I cut myself early by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks good myself. I think it would be interesting to read stories Gaiman likes. Here is mine:

    Angela's Anxious Life
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking :D

      Thanks for stopping by, Angela!

      Delete
  4. Gaiman? Yes yes thousand times yes! :D And how did I not know about this book? Thanks for featuring it!
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's why I love these memes, great for upcoming books news :)

      Thanks fro stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Great for book news bad for my tbr list. :D

      Delete
  5. Oooohh, anthology about strange creatures? YES PLEASE. And that cover is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh nice one! Been seeing this one around lately!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already know everything about me and Gaiman! xD I haven't seen this before but sounds interesting. Even though I'm not such a huge fan of short stories :) Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me :D Stories collected by Neil Gaiman, I so want to read this, and he has some awesome authors there :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Love Neil Gaiman. Love that cover. Thanks SO much for sharing - adding to TBR.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this cover. I've only read one other book by Gaiman, it was alright but it didn't blow me away. I'm gonna try again though!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by & for following :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to reading this one! I'm going to see him in San Francisco on June 28TH!!

    ReplyDelete