Apr 28, 2013

Top 5 Sundays: Best TV Shows Based on Books!

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly feature with a different bookish theme hosted by Larissa at her blog Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life


This week's theme is Best TV Shows Based on Books. 

You can join HERE!


So, My Best TV Shows Based on Books (in no particular order) are:


~ Game of Thrones based on George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice & Fire series
 
 
I absolutely adore this show! I didn't expect to get hooked so much, but I did. I've wanted to try the books for years, but haven't gotten around to them, and to be honest I'm glad, because it's better not knowing what will happen next!
 
 
~ Dexter based on the 1st book in Jeff Lindsay's Dexter series - Darkly Dreaming Dexter
 
 
 I love the series. I got hooked, and although it has its ups & downs, it's still good, and I will probably watch it until it ends. I've read a couple of books & I enjoyed them a lot, although I still need to catch up on the book series.
 
 
~ The Walking Dead based on the graphic novels The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman & Tony Moore
 
 
I've had plenty of love/hate moments with this show, but it's addicting & the last season was awesome, so I'm glad I didn't give it up. Guess who my fav character is ;) I haven't tried the graphic novels, so I don't know how it compares, although from what I've read, it follows them mostly.
 
 
~ Heartland based on the Heartland book series by Lauren Brooke
 
 
I am a little behind on this show, they stopped showing it here :( but I loved it, so yeah, I definitely need to catch up. 
 
 
~ Arrow based on the DC Comics character Green Arrow
 
 
Ok, so I might cheat a little with a few of these, but this show has been great so far, so I hope that will be the case with season 2, too.
 
 
 ~ Grimm loosely based on The Brothers Grimm fairy tales, as well as some other fairy tales


I absolutely adore this show. It's one of my top favs right now, and although the first few episodes aren't that good, later on it gets so much better, so I'm glad I didn't give up on it last year, because I got hooked, and this show is awesome!
 

~ Bones loosely based on Kathy Reichs' Temperance Brennan series
 
 
This show was great & lots of fun, and although it hasn't been as great the last few seasons, it's still good & fun, so I'm sticking to it, and probably will until it's on air. I've also read a couple of Temperance Brennan books.
 
 
 ~ Rizzoli & Isles based on Tess Gerritsen's Rizzoli & Isles series
 
   
I only watched this show a few months ago, and it was cute & fun, and I enjoyed it a lot, so I'm looking forward to the next season. Still haven't tried the books, although I have a few of them, so hopefully I'll get to them soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment