Jan 14, 2010

Once Upon A Time: 2010 Reading Challenge!


The Once Upon A Time 2010 Reading Challenge is being hosted by Tena at Crazy Book Slut!

This challenge is quite simple... Read the fairy tales you grew up reading but from another view than Disney's version. There are so many great fairy tale books out there, that might take the same story we know but with an added twist.


These books can be Young Adult, Romance, Erotic, e-books, audio books... You're only limited by your own imagination.


I am going to make this an easy challenge to finish, and say the goal is to read at least 5 books, again if you want to go big or go home... read more!

The time frame for this challenge will be January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. Plenty of time. Please do not start this challenge before the time, and don't use books you have already read.

Need some idea's for books?
* Once upon a Time Series
* Sleeping Beauty Novel's
(Adult books, must be 18)
* Tons on Alice in Wonderland
* Gregory Maguire is a good author to use.
Who is in?

Well, I'm definitely in! I was wondering if there's a challenge like this one & I'm really glad I came across it!

My list of possible books:
1. "The Storyteller's Daughter" by Cameron Dokey
2. "Someone's Been Sleeping in My Bed" by Linda Jones
3. "The Princess and the Pea" by Victoria Alexander
4. "Cooking Up Trouble" by Emma Craig
5. "Cinderfella" by Linda Jones
6. "Rose Red" by Flora Speer
7. "Beastly" by Alex Flinn

My list of books read:

1. "A Kiss in Time" by Alex Flinn - retelling of Sleeping Beauty - review
2. "Beastly" by Alex Flinn - retelling of Beauty & the Beast - review
3. "Princess of the Midnight Ball" by Jessica Day George - retelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses - review 
4. "Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow" by Jessica Day George - retelling of East of the Sun, West of the Moon - review 
5. "The Sevenfold Spell" by Tia Nevitt - retelling of Sleeping Beauty - review

Join this challenge here!
Post your links with reviews here!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for joining in on my first challenge I am hosting! Can't wait to see what you read and review!

    Here is the post to share your review links

    http://5150bookslut.blogspot.com/2010/01/once-upon-time-challenge-list-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx, Tena! I'll add the link to my post!

    ReplyDelete