Feb 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Broke My Heart A Little!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists.
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
 
My Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart A Little (in no particular order) are:

1) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - This book is amazing, and definitely a heart-breaker. I had to stop reading it more than once so I can calm myself. If you haven't read it, you definitely should.
2) Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling - Of course a list like this one wouldn't be complete without this book. The chapter The Forest Again breaks my heart every time I read it & I've cried every single time. Also, Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince belongs to this list, too, 'cause the same goes for the death of Dumbledore chapter, definitely heart-breaking!
3) Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry - Rot & Ruin is also an amazing book & an emotional rollercoaster & the ending really broke my heart! If you haven't read it, you should, even if you're not a fan of zombie or post-apocalyptic books!
4) Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry - This one is the sequel of Rot & Ruin and I didn't put them together, because they deserve separate places. Also amazing, another emotional rollercoaster that will keep you on the edge of your sit and in the end heart-breaking. Although necessary, I'm still really sad about that ending! I'm actually a little afraid that Jonathan Maberry will brake my heart again in the 3rd book. Try the series - amazing & one of my all-time favs! 


5) Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles - Although the main characters got their HEA in the sequel, this one was really heart-breaking.
6) The Winter Queen a.k.a Azazel by Boris Akunin - This one was another novel that broke my heart with its ending. Poor Erast, my heart still breaks for him...

7) Unholy Magic by Stacia Kane - If you've read this book, you'll know what scene broke my heart, although in the end it ended happy in a way, still so heart-breaking.
8) The Light by D. J. MacHale - I've already read it twice & it broke my heart both times. I just really feel for Marshall - probably because I love him so much as a character. I'm already eager for another re-read, which I'm planning to do next month, 'cause the last book of the trilogy will be out at the end of March.
9) The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley - Ooh, Lord Ian Mackenzie really broke my heart. He has Asperger's Syndrome, although at that time everyone thought he was mad, but he's such an amazing & heart-breaking character & definitely one of my fav heroes.
10) Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare - and of course, the last on my list is this classic. It's been years since the last time I've read it, but definitely one of the most heart-breaking romances.










1 comment:

  1. I really need to read The Book Thief! Soon ;) Great list! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete