Feb 13, 2012

"My Soul to Lose" by Rachel Vincent


Title: My Soul to Lose

Series: Soul Screamers 0.5 

Author: Rachel Vincent

(read on January 19th, 2012)

My rating: 4.5 of 5


Summary: 

It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.
Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities...


My Thoughts on the Novella:

My Soul to Lose is a prequel novella in the Soul Screamers series. I haven't read the series before reading this one, and although I knew what Kaylee is, I didn't know what exactly to expect, but I was definitely hooked. This one is probably the best prequel of a series I've read, because will definitely get you interested in reading My Soul to Take. Although I usually try not to have spoilers in my reviews, this time I won't do that, so a little warning, there might be some spoilers. First of all I'll start with Emma & Kaylee - I liked them both as a characters a lot from the beginning - they're just such fun characters & they cracked me up with their plans about Toby, especially Emma :) Next, Kaylee's attack - wow. I haven't read anything from Rachel Vincent until now, but I really loved her writing style, especially the panic attack scenes & other similar, she really brought just the right dose of creepiness & suspense. Not to mention the scene with Lydia & Kaylee - I was like OMG & I loved every second of it. I won't go into more details, but I'm definitely hooked on the Soul Screamers series now & if you still haven't tried the series, I highly recommend to you to read this prequel. Also, I'm hoping we'll see more of Lydia somewhere in the series, I'm really interested to learn more about her & her abilities. 


Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment