Feb 19, 2012

Top 5 Sundays: Book Series I Plan to Finish in 2012!


Top 5 Sundays is a weekly feature with a different bookish theme hosted by Larissa at her blog Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life


This week's theme is Book Series I Plan to Finish in 2012. 


You can join HERE!

This year I've decided to turn my attention to series I've already started, but haven't finished. So, that's why I'll have not only Top 5 Series I Plan to finish in 2012, but special mentions, too!

So, My Top 5 Series I Plan to Finish in 2012 (in no particular order) are:
 
1. The Graveyard Queen by Amanda Stevens


I've already read & loved The Restorer - the first book in this trilogy from galley last year & it was one of my favorite reads in 2011 & since than I've been waiting for books 2 & 3: The Kingdom & The Prophet! I actually have both of them as galleys, but haven't read them (they'll be published in March & April), but I'm waiting for my paperback copy of The Restorer to arrive, so I'll re-read it first (I wonder if it will be just as creepy) & than I'll read the sequels & I really can't wait!!!
 
 
2. Morpheus Road by D. J. MacHale


The final book in this great YA trilogy The Blood will be finally published at the end of March & I can't wait to see how everything will end!!! I'm actually planning to re-read books 1 & 2 The Light & The Black before reading The Blood, because although I remember almost everything that happens in them, I know I'll still love them! I love re-reading books :)
    
 
3. Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger


Before 2012, I had read only the first 2 books in the series: Soulless & Changeless. Since than, I read Blameless last month & I have already started Heartless, so I'm already on my way of finishing the series ;) The last book in the series Timeless will be out in around 10 days! I still say that Soulless was the best book in the series, but it's still fun series & of course I can't wait to see how it ends!


4. Seven Realms by Cinda Williams Chima


I absolutely love this epic fantasy YA series. I've read only the first 2 books The Demon King & The Exiled Queen, so I'm yet to get & read the 3rd book The Gray Wolf Throne & the final book The Crimson Crown is scheduled to be published in October & I can't wait to read the complete series!!!
 
 
5. The Demon Trappers by Jana Oliver
 
 
 I already started finishing this series. I re-read Forsaken (I read it a year ago)  & at the moment I'm reading Forbidden! The 3rd book Forgiven will be out in 10 days & after that the last book Foretold is scheduled for August.


And now for some other series I'm planning to finish:

 
Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter


Lords of the Underworld was my #1 series I planned to finish in 2012 & I got right into it. In January I read books 6-8 & now I'm only waiting for The Darkest Seduction to be out!


Curse Workers by Holly Black


I read White Cat & Red Glove last year & I loved them & of course I can't wait for the last book Black Heart. I'm still really bummed about the change of the covers :( The black-red-white covers for all the books were perfect, really fitted the series...


House of Comarre by Kristen Painter


I read the 1st book Blood Rights last year from galley & I loved it - really great world-building and such amazing covers, so I'm planning to buy the trilogy & finally read it!
 
 
 Seven Kingdoms by Kristin Cashore


So far I've read only Graceling, but since than I've been waiting for Bitterblue's book, which is called Bitterblue ;) Of course I'll have to read the second book Fire first!


Pendragon by D. J. MacHale

The Lost City of FaarThe Never WarThe Reality Bug
Black WaterThe Rivers of ZadaaThe Quillan Games
The Pilgrims of RayneRaven RiseThe Soldiers of Halla

Every year I'm saying to myself that I'll finish this series. So far I've only read the first book in the series The Merchant of Death a few years ago, and of course I want to re-read it first & than read the rest, but they're 10 in total, so I guess that's one of the things that discourages me a little, although hopefully I'll finally read them this year :)

3 comments:

  1. Really good choices. Yes I'm participating in this meme starting this week. House of Commare was great. Come check them out.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE DARKEST SEDUCTION !!!!!

    Sorry. Needed to be said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I planing on reading some of those as well LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete