Oct 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays #30

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



"A spot of red liquid flew from the drain and landed on the mirror. Her insides twisted as one drop became two, became three, and blood burbled up from the drain, viscous bright blood filled with squirming bodies, rising in the sink." 

Unholy Magic
(Book 2 in the Downside Ghosts series)
by
Stacia Kane   





"Now they were as strangers; nay, worse than strangers, for they could never become acquainted. It was a perpetual estrangement."


Persuasion
by
Jane Austen   

10 comments:

  1. Wow, there couldn't be two more different books (and teasers!)...LOL.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine:

    Click on my name for the link....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww, that first ones sounds too creepy for me!

    Great teasers!

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-fragile-pelican-brief.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard such good things about Stacia Kane. I have the first book out of the library at the moment.

    My teaser is here this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good gosh on your first teaser. I've wanted to read Stacia Kane's books for a while now and your teaser just made me want it more. Great teaser!

    My teaser is from Shades Of Gray by LM Pruitt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to read Persuasion not too long ago but just wasn't in the mood. I hope it's going well for you! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Jane Austen one.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-time_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. O I love the second one. So good and the cover is so lovely.

    My TT involves an angelic confession :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE Persuasion by Jane Austen! It can definitely compete with Pride and Prejudice:) Thanks for the teaser. I want more Austen!:)If you like to check out my teaser: http://misspageturnerscityofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, simply is too much... two teasers. Oh la la!

    Thanks for the teaserS!

    My teaser is from Blameless.

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loveee the 1st teaser!! I'll mark this book down.

    ReplyDelete