Oct 14, 2010

#176 - "Servant of the Underworld" by Aliette de Bodard


Summary:
Year One-Knife, Tenochtitlan the capital of the Aztecs. The end of the world is kept at bay only by the magic of human sacrifice. A Priestess disappears from an empty room drenched in blood. Acatl, High Priest, must find her, or break the boundaries between the worlds of the living and the dead. 
Aliette De Bodard is the hottest rising star in world SF and Fantasy, blending ancient crimes with wild imagination. 
 
My rating: 5 of 5
 
My thoughts on the book:
I loved this book. It was really different from every book I've read this year. It mixes murder mystery, fantasy, magic & aztec culture. The world Aliette de Bodard created with her writing was great, I got wrapped up in it and when I finished the book, I wanted more, so I can't wait for the next book to be published! I liked all the characters & my favorite was Teomitl. I highly recommend this book!

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment