Oct 14, 2010

#179 - "Thomas Riley" by Nick Valentino


Summary:
For more than twenty years West Canvia and Lemuria have battled one another in a constant war. From the safety of his laboratory, weapons designer Thomas Riley has cleverly and proudly empowered the West Canvian forces with his brilliant designs. But when a risky alchemy experiment goes horribly wrong, Thomas and his wily assistant, Cynthia Bassett, are thrust onto the front lines of battle.
Forced into shaky alliances with murderous sky pirates in a deadly race to kidnap the only man who can undo the damage--the mad genius behind Lemuria's cunning armaments--Thomas' own genius is put to the ultimate test.

My rating: 4 of 5

My thoughts on the book:
I loved it! It's really good steampunk book, I liked the world the author created & the characters & the story. It was fun & fast-paced adventure. I'm hoping there'll be sequel. I guess I have to mention that there were quite a few spelling & grammar errors & if I noticed them, when English is not my first language, I don't know how the editors could allow them. I can understand a few little errors, but so many... Still, it wasn't perfect, but I recommend it!  

Challenges:

1 comment: