Oct 14, 2010

#181 - "Unholy Ghosts" by Stacia Kane


Summary:
THE DEPARTED HAVE ARRIVED.
The world is not the way it was. The dead have risen, and the living are under attack. The powerful Church of Real Truth, in charge since the government fell, has sworn to reimburse citizens being harassed by the deceased.
Consequently, there are many false claims of hauntings from those hoping to profit. Enter Chess Putnam, a fully-tattooed witch, freewheeling Debunker, and ghost hunter. She's got a real talent for nailing human liars and banishing the wicked dead. But she's keeping a dark secret from the Church: a little drug problem that's landed her in hot and dangerous water.
Chess owes a lot of money to a murderous drug lord named Bump. And Bump wants immediate payback. All Chess has to do is dispatch a very nasty species of undead from an old airport. But the job involves black magic, human sacrifice, a nefarious demonic creature, and crossing swords with enough wicked energy to wipe out a city of souls. Toss in lust for a rival gang leader and a dangerous attraction to Bump's ruthless enforcer, and Chess begins to wonder if the rush is really worth it. Hell, yeah.
 
My rating: 4.5 of 5
 
My thoughts on the book:
So, where do I start? I've read so many great reviews about the series, so I got them & I have to say, they were right! Although at the beginning when I started reading it I wasn't sure about this book, if I'll like it & the characters, so I put it aside, but after I returned to it last night, I couldn't put it down. I finished Unholy Ghosts today & I already started Unholy Magic! Great story, with a few really creepy moments (I don't know why, but I didn't expect creepy) I liked Chess a lot, I loved Terrible & I can't wait to see where the story will go next. I also have to mention that I didn't like Lex at all. He annoyed me. Great book, it goes to my pile of favorite books & I highly recommend it!

Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like the series! I think I really need to start reading them soon ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I didnt love book 1, but bks 2 and 3 made this one of my favorites series =/d

    Love me some Terrible! =D

    dont like Lex either!

    ReplyDelete