Oct 18, 2010

#182 - "The Replacement" by Brenna Yovanoff


Summary:
Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement - left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.
Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.

My rating: 3.5 of 5

My thoughts on the book:
I enjoyed it! The story was interesting & imaginitive, I liked the ending, but there was just something missing through it! It wasn't scary or creepy to me, it was actually a light read, I wasn't too wrapped up with the story or the characters & what I think that it was missing the most was that suspenseful feeling of what will happen next? That just wasn't there for me... It's not that I didn't liked it, I still did, but as I said, something was missing!

Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about this book. Although I've read some good reviews of it, for some reason the description just doesn't grab me. Your 3.5 rating also doesn't really make me want to read it that much either. I guess I'll pass on this one for now.

    ReplyDelete