Oct 24, 2010

#191 - "Always a Witch" by Carolyn MacCullough (ARC)



 
Title: Always a Witch
Author: Carolyn MacCullough
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Imprint: Clarion Books
Publication date: August 1st, 2011
Genre: YA fantasy / historical
Pages: 288
Available for Pre-order: Hardcover

Summary:
Since the gripping conclusion of ONCE A WITCH, Tamsin Greene has been having nightmares. Though she should be enjoying her new boyfriend, Gabriel, or discovering more about her newfound magical "Talents," she's too busy dealing with her sister, Rowena's bride-zilla wedding demands and worrying about the resurgence of her enemy, Alistair Knight. But most of all, Tamsin is haunted by her grandmother's prophecy that she will soon be forced to make a crucial decision. A choice so terrible, that it could destroy her family forever.
When Tamsin discovers that Alistair successfully went back in time to Victorian Era New York, in order to destory the Greene family, she's forced to follow him into the past. Stranded all alone in the 19th century, Tamsin soon finds herself disguised as a lady's maid in the terrifying mansion of the evil Knight family, bustling about as a servant, avoiding the watchful eye of the vicious matron, La Spider, and fending off the lascivious advances Liam Knight. As times runs out, Tamsin's brash demeanor and sardonic wit place her in the center of the fray as both families square off in a thrilling display of action and magic. And to her horror, Tamsin finally understands the nature of her fateful choice.

My rating: 5 of 5

My thoughts on the book:
I liked a lot Once a Witch, but I loved Always a Witch! It was fun, fast-paced, gripping & suspenseful read, that I couldn't put it down! I loved the story, it was really well-developed & of course I loved the characters! If you thought Alistair was bad, wait till you see the Knight family. I especially liked the fact that most of the time I couldn't predict what will happen next... Great book & I'm just glad that I got to read it now & won't have to wait until next year! I highly recommend it!

Challenges:

1 comment: