Jun 1, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays #16

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


 
"Slowly, carefully, the darkness formed itself into a tube and snaked down his throat. It was cold and he could feel it spreading throughout his body, its smoky, dark tendrils filling all his crevices - his heart, his lungs, out to the tips of his fingers and down to the heels of his feet."
 
Nightmare Academy
by
Dean Lorey 
 
 
 
 
 
"The largest of them opened its mouth to reveal long, yellow fangs glistening with saliva. It screamed a high, mewling cry and the other three responded in kind, shaking the forest floor."
 
A Darkness Forged in Fire
by
Chris Evans  

21 comments:

  1. Oooo good ones. Especially the 2nd one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 2nd one ... I'll add it into my To-Search List

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent and scary teasers. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesdays-making-of-duchess.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the sound of these! Lucky you!

    Here is MINEif you fancy dropping by.

    Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers!

    I haven't heard of either of them.

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, simple but evocative. I haven't heard of either books but I'll keep an eye out for it now.

    My teaser : http://thebooksofmylife.blogspot.com/2010/05/teaser-tuesdays-jun-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't want to run into either of these creatures!

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/06/01/teaser-tuesdays-14/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound like great reads. I may have to look these up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man!! i would love to read the nightmare academy

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these sound fantastic, I can't believe they aren't on our TBR list already! - Jessica

    Our teaser is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yowzer, those are Some Awesome teasers!!
    My TT is here Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these look good!

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooohh, spooky teasers! Here's my teaser for The Smoke Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both great teasers! The cover for Nightmare Academy is really creepy. Enjoy both of your reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both teasers are very dark and monstrous! Nice ones. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You picked some great teasers!

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both sounded scarily delicious!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/05/teaser_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your first teaser is kind of creepy!!! HEre is my teaser http://limpetsandpenguins.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesday-100601.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great creepy and descriptive teasers! I hope you are enjoying the books. Nightmare Academy sounds like a book I'd like and A Darkness Forged In Fire sounds pretty interesting too. I look forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete