Jun 14, 2010

#79 - "The Amaranth Enchantment" by Julie Berry


Summary:
When Lucinda Chapdelaine was a small child, her parents left for the royal ball and never returned. Ever since, Lucinda has been stuck in perpetual servitude at her evil aunt's jewelry store. Then, on the very same day, a mysterious visitor and an even more bizarre piece of jewelry both enter the shop, setting in motion a string of twists and turns that will forever alter Lucinda's path. In this magical story filled with delightful surprises, Lucinda will dance at the royal ball, fall under the Amaranth Witch's spell, avenge her parents' death, and maybe - just maybe - capture the heart of a prince.

My thoughts on the book:
I really enjoyed it! It was so much fun & cute book! I don't think I've ever described a book as cute, but this one is really cute fairytale, with likeable characters, that I recommend it!

My rating: 4.5/5

Finished: 27 May 2010

Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really fun book! I'm adding to my list now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one too. So light and fun :)

    ReplyDelete