Jun 30, 2010

#104 - "Hush, Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick


Summary:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

My thoughts on the book:
I have really mixed feelings about this book & this has never happened to me! I usually know how much I like a book, but here I liked the beginning & the ending of the book, but in the middle I was feeling really annoyed with the story & with the characters! Maybe one of the problems was that I didn't really connect with the characters, actually now that I think about it, I didn't liked them at all, except I liked Patch at the beginning & at the end! Lol, as I said already, really mixed feelings ;) And where was the romance? I mean, when did they fall in love? I think it lacked a lot in that aspect! After all, it's a romance novel! Also, everything that happened didn't surprise me at all, so it was too predictable for me! Even with all that, I still couldn't put it down, which says a lot about Becca Fitzpatrick's writing! I just kept reading it until I finished it! I don't think I'll read the sequel, but I'm not sure! I know that many people are comparing it with Twilight, but I haven't read Twilight (and I don't think I ever will), so I can't say anything about that, but I guess Hush, Hush was just not quite my-cup-of-tea!

Finished: 23 June 2010

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment