Jun 1, 2010

#50 - "Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake" by Sarah MacLean


Summary:
A lady does not smoke cheroot. She does not ride astride. She does not fence or attend duels. She does not fire a pistol, and she never gambles at a gentlemen's club.

Lady Calpurnia Hartwell has always followed the rules, rules that have left her unmarried - and more than a little unsatisfied. And so she's vowed to break the rules and live the life of pleasure she's been missing.

But to dance every dance, to steal a midnight kiss - to do those things, Callie will need a willing partner. Someone who knows everything about rule-breaking. Someone like Gabriel St. John, the Marquess of Ralston - charming and devastatingly handsome, his wicked reputation matched only by his sinful smile.

If she's not careful, she'll break the most important rule of all - the one that says that pleasure-seekers should never fall hopelessly, desperately in love . . . 

My thoughts on the book:
I loved it! I couldn't put it down! I liked the story & the characters, too! This was first Sarah MacLean book I've read & I'll definitely read more from her! I recommend it to everyone that love historical romances! Definitely one of my favorites that I'll read again!

My rating: 5/5

Finished: 19 April 2010

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment