Jun 25, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday #7

 
Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. 
 
Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

Join this meme HERE!
 
 
I'm currently reading 5 books at the same time (I think this is a record for me), so I decided to share the first sentences from 2 of those books! Body Check is a contemporary romance & it's so much fun & A Kiss in Time is YA retelling of Sleeping Beauty, which is really fun & humorous! 
 
 
 
"Not many women could boast bossing around a locker room full of buff, naked jocks as part of their job description, but then again, there weren’t many women with a job like Janna MacNeil’s."
 
Body Check
(First book in the New York Blades series)
by
Deirdre Martin
 
 
 
 
 
"If I hear one more syllable about spindles, I shall surely die!"
 
A Kiss in Time
(A retelling of Sleeping Beauty)
by 
Alex Flinn 

11 comments:

  1. Both of those sound great. I love sports themed romances and fairy tale retellings. Mine comes from Sizzling Sixteen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these. Especially the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked A Kiss in Time although I prefer Flinn's other fairy tale retelling, Beastly.

    Great sentences. I can't believe you are reading five books at the same time. Actually, I can. I just realized that I am kind of reading 5 too. In addition to The Demon's Lexicon, I am also rereading The Hunger Games, listening to an audiobook in my car, I started reading Eyes Like Stars (when I was tired of the Demon's Lexicon), and I'm slowly reading an e-book on my computer.

    I hope you are enjoying your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, I'm planning to read Beastly, too! It's waiting for me in my tbr pile!
    That's what I do, too! When I get tired of one book, I read other, than I get back to the previous, etc... Besides Body Check & A Kiss in Time, I'm reading Wooden Heart (a Doctor Who book), Beautiful Creatures & The Monster of Florence (non-fiction book)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound great! I think the first one sounds hilarious...

    Here's mine:

    http://laurelrainsnowswonderland.wordpress.com/2010/06/25/book-beginnings-on-friday-10/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Body Check sounds different. I used to read several books at once but not since I've gotten older. Enjoy the stories and thanks for visiting Fresh Ink Books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both sound great. The first one is very funny! Hope you're enjoying them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul is Undead is on my wishlist too. I hope we get to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you've got some great books here. A Kiss in time looks particularly interesting and I look forward to your review of it.

    ReplyDelete