Jun 1, 2010

#49 - "Eyes Like Stars" by Lisa Mantchev


Summary:
All her world's a stage.

Bertie Shakespeare Smith is not an actress, yet she lives in a theater. She's not an orphan, but she has no parents. She knows every part, but she has no lines of her own. That is, until now.

Enter Stage Right

NATE. Dashing pirate. Will do anything to protect Bertie.

COBWEB, MOTH, MUSTARD SEED, and PEASEBLOSSOM. Four tiny and incredibly annoying fairies. BERTIE'S sidekicks.

ARIEL. Seductive air spirit and Berti's weakness. The symbol of impending doom.

BERTIE. Our heroine.

Welcome to the Theatre Illuminata, where the actors of every play ever written can be found behind the curtain. They were born to play their parts, and are bound to the Theatre by The Book - an ancient and magical tome of scripts. Bertie is not one of them, but they are her family - and she is about to lose them all and the only home she has ever known. 

My thoughts on the book:
I really really enjoyed Eyes Like Stars! It was interesting & fun & I liked the story a lot! I can't wait to read the sequel, 'cause I really want to know what will happen next, especially with Nate! I recommend it!

My rating: 4/5

Finished: 18 April 2010

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment