Jun 1, 2010

#60 - "Leaving Paradise" by Simone Elkeles


Summary:
Nothing has been the same since Caleb Becker left a party drunk, got behind the wheel, and hit Maggie Armstrong. Even after months of painful physical therapy, Maggie walks with a limp. Her social life is nil and a scholarship to study abroad - her chance to escape everyone and their pitying stares - has been canceled.After a year in juvenile jail, Caleb's free . . . if freedom means endless nagging from a transition coach and the prying eyes of the entire town. Coming home should feel good, but his family and ex-girlfriend seem like strangers. Caleb and Maggie are outsiders, pigeon-holed as "criminal" and "freak." Then the truth emerges about what really happened the night of the accident and, once again, everything changes. It's a bleak and tortuous journey for Caleb and Maggie, yet they end up finding comfort and strength from a surprising source: each other.

My thoughts on the book:
I loved this book! It's one of my top reads this year & definitely now is one of my favorites! I just can't express how much I love this book! It was a nice surprise! This is the second book by Simone Elkeles that I've read & although I loved Perfect Chemistry, I love this one 10 times more! I loved the story, I loved the characters, loved the ending, loved everything about it! I recommend it a lot & I just can't wait for the sequel!

My rating: 5/5

Finished: 6 May 2010

Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Both of these teasers have a definite creep factor to them. I will be interested in how they affect you.

    ReplyDelete