Jan 9, 2013

2013 Books in Translation Reading Challenge!


The 2013 Books in Translation Reading Challenge is hosted by Jen @ The Introverted Reader.

When I saw this challenge on a fellow blogger's post, I knew I had to join.

English isn't my first language, but most of the books I read are in English, mainly because they don't translate them & publish them here right away, so I don't want to wait ;) and sometimes the translations are just awful, and I get irritated. But, I do buy & read them, although mostly I buy them & they just sit on my bookshelf unread, so this challenge is perfect to remind me to read them ;)

So, for this challenge, I'll read mostly books that have been translated to Macedonian language, but I'll probably read a few that have been translated to Serbian or Croatian, so this challenge should be a piece of cake for me ;)

There are 4 levels & I decided for the Linguist level - to read 10-12 books.

I'll just list the books below as I read them.

For more info & to sign up, visit the post HERE!


My Reading List:

1. Foundation by Isaac Asimov - read - edition language: Serbo-Croation - original language: English
2. All Those Things We Never Said by Marc Levy - my review - edition language: Macedonian - original language: French
3. Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafรณn - my review - edition language: Macedonia - original language: Spanish
4. Erebos by Ursula Poznanski - my review - edition language: English - original language: German
5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - my review - edition language: Macedonian - original language: English
6. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery - re-read - language edition: Macedonian - original language: French
7. I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak - re-read - edition language: Macedonian - original language: English
8.  

2 comments:

  1. I think you're the first person to sign up who will be reading in a language other than English! Yay! Thanks for signing up! I hope you enjoy the books you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't signed up for this challenge[i'm horrible at them!] but I HAD to click on the button and see what it was all about because I LOVE The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Seriously, one of my favorite books of ALL ALL ALL time. Who can't love a book about a mysterious book shop and a book! I seriously could gush on forever.. but I won't :D I wish you good luck in the challenge! I wish I could read and speak in a foreign language but alas, I cannot. Maybe someday! :)

    ReplyDelete