Jan 31, 2013

"Cinder" by Marissa Meyer



Title: Cinder

Author: Marissa Meyer

Series: The Lunar Chronicles #1 




My rating: 5 of 5




(Book read from my own copy  from January 15-29 for a read-along)


 

Summary:




Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl...
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.







 

My Thoughts on the Book:




Ok, so I absolutely love sci-fi, I always have. Maybe it's because I grew up watching the Star Wars trilogy again & again, I couldn't get enough (and I still can't I guess) ;) I also love fairy tale re-tellings, so you'd think that the moment I heard about Cinder, I'd read it right away the moment it was published, but I didn't. Why? I have no idea. I kept reading such an amazing reviews, and I still haven't read it. So, when I saw the Cinder Read-Along, I decided it's time :) I also decided to stick to the schedule (it was mostly 2 chapters a day) but that wasn't an easy thing to do, so I'd read 2 chapters some time before midnight & then I read 2 right after midnight & then wait until it's time to read another 4 ;) until I failed a few days ago & read it through to the end.
And what did I thought about Cinder? I absolutely loved it! First of all, I loved the world. Yeah, I love sci-fi, so it wasn't a surprise I loved the world Marissa has created :) So, great world-building >>> checked! I also loved Marissa's writing style! And I loved the story, even if it was just a story, without the Cinderella re-telling elements, I would've loved this book. But, yeah, I loved the way Marissa incorporated the fairy tale elements in a futuristic world, it was done perfectly! And the pacing of the story was perfect, too. And I loved all the characters, they were all so fun & sweet & so, so great! Even Iko, she was an android, but she was so funny, she made me laugh more then once :D So, yeah, I loved everything about this book!
But, I'll say this, although I wasn't at all surprised from everything that happened, I didn't mind it, because I loved the journey. As I said, I loved Cinder as a character, and I absolutely loved Kaito, he was such a sweetie, I can count on one hand the boys in YA books that had been so sweet & amazing, so yeah, he kinda stole my heart a little ;) And the interactions between Kai & Cinder - so sweet & amazing, I loved every second of it!!! Mostly I had a smile plastered on my face while reading this book, good thing I only read it at home, or people would've thought I was crazy ;)
I can't recommend enough Cinder! It's a must-read for everyone! One of the sweetest stories, and definitely one of my most fav books now, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Scarlet, because I need more from that world & those amazing characters!!!




Challenges:



1 comment:

  1. Don't you love when a book makes you smile like that? I loved Cinder, too. Can't wait to read Scarlet! Wonderful review. :)

    ReplyDelete