Mar 14, 2012

"A Kiss at Midnight" by Eloisa James


Title: A Kiss at Midnight

Series: Fairy Tales #1

Author: Eloisa James

(read from March 12th to March 13th, 2012)

My rating: 5 of 5


Summary: 
Miss Kate Daltry doesn't believe in fairy tales . . . or happily ever after.

Forced by her stepmother to attend a ball, Kate meets a prince . . . and decides he's anything but charming. A clash of wits and wills ensues, but they both know their irresistible attraction will lead nowhere. For Gabriel is promised to another woman—a princess whose hand in marriage will fulfill his ruthless ambitions.

Gabriel likes his fiancée, which is a welcome turn of events, but he doesn't love her. Obviously, he should be wooing his bride-to-be, not the witty, impoverished beauty who refuses to fawn over him.

Godmothers and glass slippers notwithstanding, this is one fairy tale in which destiny conspires to destroy any chance that Kate and Gabriel might have a happily ever after.

Unless a prince throws away everything that makes him noble . . .

Unless a dowry of an unruly heart trumps a fortune . . .

Unless one kiss at the stroke of midnight changes everything.

 
My Thoughts on the Book:

Ok, so this was a re-read for me. I read it for the first time less than a year ago & I loved it & I gave it 4.5 rating, but after re-reading it I've decide it to change it to 5 stars rating. Maybe you are wondering why? Well, I want my historical romances funny & yummy & this one is both. Although I can't say that it's amazing, it's still great & I think I loved it this time even more. All the characters cracked me up so much, I just laughed so much & they were all great & lovable & funny, although my favorite was definitely Wick. I loved the banter & chemistry between Gabe & Kate & between all the other characters & it just really felt like a fairy tale, not a historical romance, although it's actually both ;) So, definitely one of my favorites that I'll read again & again. If you want hilarious & relaxing fairy-tale-like historical romances, I highly recommend it!!!       


Challenges:
 

100+ Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012



0 comments:

Post a Comment