Mar 14, 2012

"My Soul to Save" by Rachel Vincent


Title: My Soul to Save

Series: Soul Screamers #2

Author: Rachel Vincent

(read from February 16th to February 19th, 2012)

My rating: 4 of 5


Summary: 
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...

 
My Thoughts on the Book:

My Soul to Save is good sequel. The storyline about how the famous teens are selling their souls was quite interesting & I loved learning more about the Netherworld. I won't go into more details, so I won't spoil the story, although I'll say that it was a little predictable. Still loved the writing style & I can't wait to continue the series. Also, I still loved all the characters. Kaylee is great heroine & it seems that with every book I like her more & more. Nash again was really likable. And of course there's Tod. I have to admit that I was more intrigued by him after the previous book than after reading this one. I still think he's interesting & the side of him that was revealed this time was expected. I still loved Emma - such a great character & I wish there was more of her - she makes laugh so much :) And than there's Addison - she was really interesting character & I liked her a lot & although I knew how the book will end - I'm still bummed about it :( Anyway, as I said: My Soul to Save is a good sequel with interesting storyline & lovable characters & it was fun with a dash of creepy & great ending & although not a cliffhanger, it will leave you wanting more of that world, so if you still haven't tried the Soul Screamers series, I highly recommend it!!!       


Challenges:
 

100+ Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012

2012 YA Mythology Challenge


0 comments:

Post a Comment