Jul 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays #24

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


 
"Katniss, the girl on fire, has left behind her flickering flames and bejeweled gowns and soft candlelight frocks. She is as deadly as fire itself."
 
Catching Fire
by
Suzanne Collins





 
"From the invisible roof vast chains hung in loops like great bridges, each link thicker than a man. In some of them the uber-spiders had nested, creaming the metal with sticky web."
 
Incarceron 
by
Catherine Fisher



These are more than 2 sentences, but I just couldn't resist ^_^ 
They're not really spoilers, 'cause they're from the end of the prologue!
 
"My story may sound like a fantasy, and maybe some of it is. But many things happened over that week that can't be ignored or explained away as having sprung from an overly imaginative mind. People died. Lives were changed. That was no dream. After what I saw and experienced, there's one other bit of reality I have to accept. I believe in ghosts."
 
The Light by D. J. MacHale

12 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the Hunger Games series. Can't wait for Mockingjay. I reeally like that Neil Gaiman quote you have above, too! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I liked the teaser from The Light. Certainly sounds like a very exciting and dramatic read.

    Mine's from Devil May Cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't do this to me. I can't possibly get sucked into Neil Gaiman as well, I've resisted so well until now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All books on my TBR! Great teasers, too.
    My teaser is from Crux by Moira Rogers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Suz, you shouldn't resist Neil Gaiman :)
    He's books are just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. +JMJ+

    They all sound good, but on the strength of the teasers alone, I think I'd pick Morpheus Road to read first. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good teasers! Hope you're enjoying all the books. My teasers are at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers! I loved Catching Fire. I need to reread it before I read Mockingjay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teasers. Catching Fire is fabulous and I have Incarceron on my 'must read' list

    ReplyDelete
  10. One book on my TBR, one on my wishlist and one that's completely new to me.

    Mine's from Devil to Pay, a book I wrote.

    ReplyDelete