Jul 2, 2010

Period Drama Challenge #5: Dorian Gray


Plot summary:
Fresh-faced and innocent, Dorian Gray arrives in London to move into the house he has inherited. Almost immediately he falls under the influence of amoral and calculating Lord Henry Wotton, leading to a life of increasing debauchery and even violence. Through many years Gray stays as young-looking as ever, while a portrait painted when he arrived grows old, reflecting his increasing excesses. Eventually the picture, now secreted in his attic, becomes almost hideous to behold. When true love finally enters his life he realises he must guard his secret at all costs.
 
My thoughts on the movie:
It's been years since I've read the book, so I don't remember a lot about it, except the basic story, so I don't know how good of adaptation this is, but overall I liked the movie! 

Challenge: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment