Jul 2, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday #8


Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. 
 
Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

Join this meme HERE!
 
 
 
"The scent of wood smoke and roses always took him back there, to the boy he was and would never be again."
 
 
The Warrior Heir
(The 1st book in the Heir Chronicles)
by
Cinda Williams Chima 

9 comments:

  1. This one makes you wonder what happened and what changed. An interesting start.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that's good. I like it! Thanks for visiting Proud Book Nerd! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smells are so evocative don't you think? Great beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that I added a link to your blog in my post today. You are one of my favorite "book" blogs. Thanks for all the great reviews and ideas! My mom and I always come here to find our next great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kel! That's so sweet! Thank you so much! I'm glad you both like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that sounds nostalgic! Love that kind of opener...

    Here's mine:

    http://laurelrainsnowswonderland.wordpress.com/2010/07/02/book-beginnings-on-friday-11/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great beginning! I have the first 4 books in this series and just haven't had a chance to begin them yet. My Book Beginning is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the 2nd one :)

    If you get a chance, check out my Book Beginning Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that opening line!! It really sets the scene and the character and the writing is so good!

    ReplyDelete