Jul 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays #23

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"A huge airbeast was emerging from the gray clouds behind her, its reflective silver topside glistening in the sunlight. 
The thing was gigantic - larger than St. Paul’s Cathedral, longer than the oceangoing dreadnought Orion that she’d seen in the Thames the week before."



Leviathan 
by
Scott Westerfeld

18 comments:

  1. Great teaser. I'm reading a steampunk book too at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good Teaser. Makes me want to find out what is happening. Mine this week is from Cosmopolis by Don DeLillo:

    http://melbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesday-cosmopolis-by-don.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I read about it the more I want the book. :-)

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read this one and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops forgot to add my link.
    http://www.shelleymunro.com/blog/2010/07/20/teaser-tuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one. I have this on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! Mine is from The Perks of Being a Wallflower over at It's Time to Read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is on my wishlist. Thanks for the teaser!

    My teaser is here Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading Uglies by him right now. Great teaser.


    Here is my Teaser Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I'm reading my first steampunk novel now and I'm not sure how I feel about it so far. My Teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice teaser! I haven;t read these books but I hear they're good!

    Mine is here:

    http://coffeeliciousbookaholic.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser. I really want to read this book. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser, got this on cd, really have to get to listening to it now!

    Our teaser is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Already on my wish list, and I could've had it but chose Boneshaker instead.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard that this is really good.I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I have this book out from the library at the moment! The teaser makes me want to read it even more.

    My teaser is from The Passage this week.

    ReplyDelete